What Skeet Means

Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm, Skeet!

My Photo
Name:
Location: Topeka, Kansas

I'm proud to be an American, where at least I know I'm free! My friends call me Dr. Milty von Fünky, my colleagues call me Dr. von Fünkdoctorspock, and my wife also calls me Dr. von Fünkdoctorspock.

Saturday, March 25, 2006

Pink & Milt Agree: We Love Stupid Girls!

The mentally disabled have suffered too much for too long, and it’s a crying shame it took this long for a musician to muster the gusto needed to tackle this disease, but Pink’s “Stupid Girls” does just that, and through the power of song she proves to be quite the tackler (and teacher). Not since Band Aid’s “Do They Know It’s Christmas?” and USA for Africa’s “We Are the World” has a song so selflessly shown an artist’s dedication to righting the world’s wrongs.

Pink, shown here with what might be a "Stupid Girl."

The title, of course, refers to the mentally debilitated people in question, and though “stupid” sounds harsh, Pink is simply using irony to show us (the royal “us;” Dr. Milton von Fünkdoctorspock would never condone or partake in such harsh ‘tudes) how inconsiderate we’ve been to these minorities. “I don’t wanna be a stupid girl,” Pink sings, to which I respond, “Amen, Pink. Not with the way Average Joe and Jerky Jane treat the ‘stupid girls.’”

But Pink’s problems cut deeper than mere semantics, as she points out how these folks always wear “teeny-weeny tees.” It disgusts me that these parents give their kids hand-me-down clothes, trying to save a buck while thinking their “special” kids don’t care how they look. Pink is saying, “Hey! They do care. What do you animals think that does to their self-esteem?” You, sirs and madams, disgust Dr. Milton von Fünkdoctorspock.

My disgust is only outdone by Pink’s disgust with the medical community. “Where, oh where, have the smart people gone? … Disease's growing, it's epidemic, I'm scared that there ain't a cure!” I’m scared too, Pink, and I’m also a doctor who cares. I’ll make a few calls and see if I can’t get some PhD friends of mine to start developing a cure.

Where some see a mentally challenged person, Pink sees a challenge, and it's a challenge we can win. Help Pink help stop mental disabilities today.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home