What Skeet Means

Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm, Skeet!

My Photo
Name:
Location: Topeka, Kansas

I'm proud to be an American, where at least I know I'm free! My friends call me Dr. Milty von Fünky, my colleagues call me Dr. von Fünkdoctorspock, and my wife also calls me Dr. von Fünkdoctorspock.

Wednesday, April 12, 2006

What Skeet is Not

I, Dr. Milton von Fünkdoctorspock , R-E-S-P-E-C-T pop music, and you best not forget it. Skeet is a celebration of everything popular. For example, I will never offer the following take on brilliance:

The Wu-Tang Clan’s 1993 debut album, Enter the Wu-Tang (36 Chambers), included the popular track “Wu-Tang Clan Ain't Nuthing Ta F' Wit.” This selection not only introduced us to a revolutionary style of hip hop, it also produced an innovative lyric technique that has since blown up: the double negative. On first glance/listen, the song is an aggressive challenge to potential adversaries: “Don’t front on this,” says the Wu, “else you ready to be fronted on yourself.”

But on closer inspection this nugget is something else entirely. “Ain’t [Nothing]” is akin to saying “is not nothing,” which when the double negative is multiplied makes “is something” (a negative times a negative is always a positive). Wu-Tang Clan is Something to F’ Wit. Ta da! We should all be F’ing with the Wu, what!

Aw, hell no. What the RZA & Co. were actually doing was using the double negative grammatical error to hammer home their point, their point being that if you trifle with the Wu, the Wu will get double negative on your hindquarters, so wise up, cracker (a.k.a. "cracka"). As Meth (a.k.a. Method Man) so delightfully put it in his verse, “Whatever you say rubs off me sticks to you.” Amen. What!

1 Comments:

Blogger Otto Man said...

I know what skeet is. And it scares me.

10:50 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home